Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tuesdays with Dorie - The Most Extraordinary French Lemon Cream Tart



Day 1: The baked pie crust is in the fridge, ready to receive the lemon cream tomorrow. Am hoping it will taste nice and buttery but the edges got slightly caught and look too brown. The solution for next time - make sure the buttered foil covers all of the edges very closely.

Making the lemon cream was most enjoyable. The temp rose to 180 degrees F. in less than 10 minutes and it thickened nicely. Could the lenghty temperature rising time that some bakers experienced have anything to do with altitude? As I'm on the coast I wouldn't have that problem.

Day 2: Very easy to finish. As soon as I'd had my post work cup of coffee I whisked the lemon cream and poured it into the pie. The cream tastes really good; it's very lemony so it's for people who really like lemon (who doesn't?) but the richness of the blended butter comes through nicely.

The Pie dressed for work is pictured above (can't take it out of the pan yet as it has to ride on the Subway tomorrow. I'm not sure why one picture looks light and the other a real yellow, but it's the same pie. I hope my co-workers like it.

13 comments:

Casa Costello said...

Looks great! Nice to hear it comes together quite easily -I must get on with mine instead of looking at everyone else's!

Marie Rayner said...

Looks great! I hope your co-workers liked it. MIne was delicious!

Zakia / Avenue Z Desserts said...

Looks great. Yes it does come together quite easily.

LyB said...

Looks delicious! Hope everyone liked it, I know I loved this recipe!

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Lucky co-workers!

Annemarie said...

Mine came together nicely, as well. It looks great!

Mari said...

You've got very lucky colleagues!

Melissa said...

You have very lucky coworkers! And unlike us, they don't know how much butter is in it!

Donna said...

You're too kind to bring it to work! I could have eaten the whole thing by myself! No sharing for me!

Natalie said...

Great job, hope your coworkers liked it :)

Carrie said...

Glad to hear it all came together so nicely.
Your tart is the only one I've seen (so far) that looks quite like mine, really light colored cream. What kind of lemons did you use?
Carrie
http://bakersbakery.wordpress.com

CB said...

So glad it all came together well. Lovely tart.
Clara @ I♥food4thought

Julius said...

Your coworkers are a lucky bunch!

Your tart looks yummy.

Thanks for the TWD nomination.

Julius from Occasional Baker