Sunday, June 22, 2008

Quintuple Chocolate BrowniesTuesdays with Dorie - Rewind


I decided on a re-wind this week as I did not really fancy the Mixed Berry Cobbler, so I picked the Quintuple Chocolate Brownies . How deliciously decadent to have five types of chocolate on the table: Dutch Process Cocoa, Callebaut Plain Chocolate,Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips, Callebaut Milk Chocolate and Ghirardelli white chocolate chips. Made me shiver with delight.

The brownies were fun to make; I had everything mise en place for a change (my usual style is to muddle through and reach for ingredients as I need them, but I didn't want any mix-ups with all this wonderful chocolate).

Everything went smoothly and I came up with a nice gooey brownie batter. Just popped the pan in the oven and went to drink coffee and watch, "The Mutiny on the Bounty," with Charles Laughton and Clarke Gable on TCM. I just love the old classics. Checked my brownies after 35 mins. as stated in the recipe but the batter was still runny, so ended up baking them for about 45 mins. Fortunately a couple of bits broke off as I was turning the square so I ate them. Very delicious!

This is a deep, dark, dinner-party brownie. It would be wonderful as a dessert to end a fine meal, with a dollop of whipped cream, or even more decadent, a dollop of Devonshire clotted cream. The white chocolate glaze provides a nice sweet contrast to the dark chocolate flavor - perfect brownies! I am so pleased I tried these for a re-wind.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Always good to go back and try a previous recipe...they sound delicious!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Great choice for a "rewind" -- they sound utterly decadent and delicious!

Di said...

I really like the way you plated the brownies for the picture. This is one of the handful of recipes made before I joined, and every time I see someone make it, I realize that I really need to give it a try.

Jaime said...

hard to go wrong with 5 kinds of chocolate!