Sunday, August 17, 2008

Granola Grabbers - Tuesdays with Dorie



Looks good for a bedtime snack. However, I'm not raving about the Granola Grabbers - it's just my personal taste. I'm a white bread and butter and lots of chocolate type and am not into health foods. The recipe is easy peasy and has all sorts of wholesome foods in it - granola (I made it myself from a recipe in the P&Q section); dried fruit; and so on and so on and the cookie is nice and moist. Maybe it was the wheatgerm flavor I didn't like and I think the peanut flavor was too predominant. I ate the pair of Grabbers in the photo so I should not be criticising too much. Used another good tip in the P&Q to soak the raisins and use dried cherries as well to reduce some of the sweetness.

The ice cream torte for next week's TWD promises to be rather divine - I'm looking forward to it.

11 comments:

HoneyB said...

You can send your cookies to me! :D
Guarantee they would be eaten here!

Sarah said...

Sorry you weren't too big of a fan! They look great though!

L said...

it's so funny - i'm not a health-food person either, by any stretch of the imagination, but i liked these a lot. maybe because of the (nearly) 2 sticks of butter. :)

Engineer Baker said...

Sorry these weren't quite to your liking, but hopefully next week's is right up your alley - nothing "health food" there!

Natashya said...

Sorry you didn't care for it. I guess they are not for everyone. I can help you finish them off, if you would like!

CB said...

Bummer you weren't a fan but I am with you. I can't wait for next week! Looks like a doozy!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

The DeL Sisters said...

They look nice at least!

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

I'm with you. On to the ice cream!

The Food Librarian said...

Sorry you aren't a big fan - but your cookies look great! :)

Jules Someone said...

I'm sorry you didn't like them more. What if we made them less healthy? ;-)

Pamela said...

The presentation is really pretty in your picture. Sorry that they weren't a hit. I really liked everything about this one.