Monday, January 5, 2009

French Pear Tart - Tuesdays with Dorie


Dorie Greenspan herself has chosen her wonderful French Pear Tart recipe for us to bake this week. I would like to take this opportunity to say a big "Thank you" to Dorie for her outstanding book, Baking From My Home to Yours and also to Laurie and her team for the Tuesdays with Dorie blog. I have learned such a lot: choux pastry, brioche, kugelhopf, creamy mousses and .... I could go on and on - so many delicious recipes that I had never even thought of trying just a year ago.

Well, so it's French Pear Tart. I got up early this morning and blits the pate sucre , which is now sitting in the fridge for this evening's endeavor. I have a trip planned to Citarella for the best baking pears I can get.

After a nice lunch with friends in the City and carrying some Boscobel pears, I wended my way homeward. I was filled with fury when I got home to see there was yet another dunning letter for me - some lousy company harassing me for a payment I don't owe. It took me a while to calm myself before I could start baking. But my mood became so upbeat when I started on the tarts - so creative.

I made minis, using some 2-1/2 inch tartlette pans with removable bases - a delight to work with. The minis look cute but they were certainly a lot more work than a single 9-inch tart. However, they will be easy to handle and easy to eat.

If you would like the recipe for Dorie's French Pear Tart - get the book, get the book! It is truly one of the best.

15 comments:

Danielle said...

very pretty tarts! I love how you used the mini pans. This was one of the best recipes I think I have made so far!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Your little minis are adorable. 2.5 with removable bases would be a handy size. Individual servings are such a great way to serve a great dessert.
Nancy

Cathy said...

Love your mini minis (I thought mine were mini at 4"!) They are beautiful, and what a treat they'll be for dessert!

Cooking for Comfort by Jennifer said...

SO beautiful! I love the mini sized tarts! Made me feel as if I wasn't eating a MAXI dessert!

pinkstripes said...

Your mini-tart looks absolutely perfect. The right color and everything. Great job!

TeaLady said...

Looks like lots of us are going mini this year. Tarts look yummy!!!

Kayte said...

I love your little minis...they look so elegant and lovely. Nice job!

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Baking always turns my mood around, too. Boscobels, mmmmmmmmmm.

Jules Someone said...

Very cute minis! You did a great job.

Kimberly Johnson said...

Beautiful mini tarts!

kimberly salem said...

They are so cute! this recipe really lends itself to being changed into minis. glad you liked them:)

Linda said...

Your mini tarts are too cute!

Gigi said...

the mini tarts are adorable! yum.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A delicious tart! I love pear desserts...

Cheers,

Rosa

Peabody said...

Your tarts turned out lovely.